Parking on River Street: There are 3 city lots and 1 private parking lot. Lots are located at the Barnard Ramp and the Abercorn Ramp.
Downtown Parking Options Near the Waterfront
Ramps: Driving access to River Street is from Bay Street via the Barnard Street Ramp, Abercorn Street Ramp, Lincoln Street Ramp, and East Broad Street Ramp. River Street is one-way west (bridge) to east.
Multiple sets of historic steps lead from Bay Street and Factor’s Walk down to River Street. Walking is also allowed on the ramps.
Elevator: Outdoor elevator located between the Hyatt Regency Savannah and City Hall (Intersection of Bull and Bay Streets) to transport visitors to Bay Street from River Street.
The River Street Visitor Information Center: 1 West River Street, Savannah, GA 31401. Adjacent to the Hyatt Regency Hotel at the foot of City Hall. Stop here for a restroom break and to pick us some information.
By Private Boat
Currently the City owned recreation and bulkhead docks are closed to the public. There are two private docks open to the public:
- River St. Market Dock – 912.398.6038 (vessels 25 ft. or longer)
- Westin Hotel Dock – 912.201.2021 (This dock is across the river on the Hutchinson Island side; there’s a FREE water ferry)
- Operating 7 days a week, from 7am to midnight
- Pet Policy – Service animals, pets in carriers and non-aggressive dogs on leashes are permitted on the Ferries
- ADA Accessible
- River Street at City Hall
- East End Landing at the Savannah Marriott Riverfront
- Hutchinson Island at the Savannah Convention Center and adjacent to the Westin Savannah Harbor Resort & Spa